Product Control – Prime Services – AVP / VP -Tokyo
Our client, a major international investment firm is seeking a controller to join their Japan Product Control group. This group is a part of the Finance Division at the Japan Equities Product Control is made up of a team of 20 and includes the Derivatives, Delta One, Prime and Execution businesses. Within Finance we pride ourselves on our professionalism and believe working in such a fast moving industry should be reflected in our departmental culture – dynamic and flexible. Senior management takes a hands-on approach within the department, and is keen to reward hard work, enthusiasm and success.
Due to expansion in the department we have an opening as team leader for the Japan Prime Services PC team. The role will involve supervising the daily reporting, processing and reconciliation of the P&L and B/S for the Prime Services business which includes Equity Finance, Cash / Synthetic Prime Brokerage and Futures & Options. The successful candidate will be expected to actively manage a small team of controllers which take care of the P&L production for both onshore and offshore books. The position will also require a large amount of interaction with Asian and Global counterparts in Finance, Front Office, Operations and Technology.
The ongoing investment in the firm requires staff that can drive forward the necessary evolution of the control function through innovation and participation in Global Strategic initiatives. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate drive and enthusiasm for acting as a change, contributing to the increasingly international corporate culture.
- Reviewing offshore P&Ls prepared by Mumbai Product Control and supporting them in resolving any production issues in their daily process. Ensuing that their month-end closing process is done correctly and performing appropriate Balance Sheet verification.
- Displaying leadership for the development of a daily P&L reconciliation between the Front office estimate and the Management Accounting Ledger for onshore P&Ls. Help implement a best practice control environment surrounding the daily P&L process and extend this out to the month-end reconciliations.
- Performing the month-end onshore ledger closing process such as journal entry, P&L finalization and the reconciliation between the Management Accounts and the Financial Accounting Ledger.
- Carrying out month-end balance sheet substantiation and reporting.
- Supervising team members for day to day work and projects. Ensuring that all issues are identified and resolved or escalated to senior managers.
- Communicating to key internal stakeholders such as Front Office, CAO, Operations and other key stakeholders in the Finance Departments.
- Involvement in project and re-engineering initiatives to improve the processes with other counterparties across different divisions and regions.
- Excellent English language skills (English / Japanese bilingual is preferable)
- Strong accountancy and general ledger experience within product control.
- Good understanding of Financial Products, especially stocks and equity financing.
- People management experience will be advantageous.
- Strong communication skills and ability to keep his / her manager informed on an on-going basis
- Good knowledge of Excel and Access
- Robust experience of double entry and ledger journaling
- Qualified Accountant / MBA holder is preferable
- Self-motivated and ability to work well in a group as a team player.
- Self-starter that does not require motivation. Willingness to learn
- Results focused within a pressurized environment with tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail
Assistant Treasurer 160000 – 175000 plus bonus…. White Plains, NY
Responsible for advising the corporation on capital structures and the various alternatives available in financial markets. Responsibilities include strategic treasury analysis, hedging opportunities, coordinating capital planning and assisting with the identification and setting of strategic and financial objectives for the corporation. Lead global cash management efforts in conjunction with European treasury center. Direct cash forecasting, liquidity management, global funding of corporation and its subsidiaries. Partner with Shared Service operations, operating units, banks and system providers to ensure up-to-date technical capabilities. Coordinate and rationalize bank relationships, including fee negotiations, Service Level Agreements, contracts, pricing, and cash management interfaces. Oversee stock administration function and daily corporate cash positioning. Assist in pension/salary savings plan oversight. A high degree of knowledge and experience is required in the following disciplines: cash management, strategic planning, corporate finance, derivatives, foreign exchange, pensions, accounting, and tax.
- Ongoing development of Funding and Liquidity Plans. Global aggregation and monitoring of cash flows from operating, financing/equity, and investing activities. Preparation of cash flow variance analysis, highlighting trends in operating liquidity, evaluating threats and opportunities in the company’s capital plans.
- Analysis of cash flows, market access, corporate liquidity and acquisition capacities. Support Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Responsible for the measurement, quantification and strategizing of global interest rate and foreign exchange exposures. Document and communicate underlying risks, hedge strategies and scenario analysis to senior finance managers (CFO & Treasurer). Maintain and update interest rate and foreign exchange risk management policies and procedures as necessary. Oversee the performance tracking of derivatives activity. Liaise with Corporate Accounting and FP&A areas to: facilitate interest rate and foreign exchange forecasting, external reporting of interest rate and foreign exchange risk, and accounting for derivative positions. Liaise with Corporate Tax area to assess tax effective structurings.
- Responsible for maintaining positive credit/rating agency relationships through periodic briefings.
- General treasury support to corporate finance, including M&A analysis, structuring off balance sheet conduits, liquidity and debt issuance analysis.
- Develop worldwide controls and processes for bank administration, including documentation of account opening, and control of contracts. Develop policies assuring use of preferred banks globally.
- Improve cash concentration effectiveness.
- Evaluate financial and cash controls, processes and financial service utilization across all business units.
- Arrange letters of credit programs and coordinate use of letters of guarantee.
10. Design and implement match funding reporting, interest allocation, cash flow maps and bank accounts maintenance.
11. Manage corporation’s short- and long-term debt portfolio and issuance programs.
12. Oversee Manager of Cash/Stock administration and daily cash positioning/investments/borrowings.
13. Administration and configuration of Treasury Management Systems. Ensure appropriate controls implemented within treasury systems (SOX compliance). Drive the technology strategy for the Corporate Treasury area.
14. Financial Institution (Bank) Counterparty Risk Management – Responsible for: monitoring, reporting, and compliance of bank counterparty exposure. Communicate over limit situations to senior finance management and take action to bring over limit bank exposures into compliance. Maintain bank counterparty exposure policy.
15. Derivatives and Reporting – Responsible for supervising the reporting and back office activities of all transactions.
16. Monitor and manage pension/savings salary plans, work with senior management/HR benefits on oversight and reporting.
17. Participate in special projects as required.
- MBA in Finance or a Certified Financial Analysis (C.F.A). strongly preferred.
- Experience using advance analytic, accounting and finance tools.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Proficiency; Intermediate experience with Impressive analytic skills.
- Knowledge of industry standard pricing models and VaR concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of US and international payment systems.
- Experience with ERP and payment systems preferred.
- Proven communication and leadership skills.
- Skilled with accounting and tax concepts/methods.
- Skilled in derivative execution and/or back office procedures.
- Skilled in the pricing, purchasing and sale of derivative instruments.
Financial Analyst up to $175K
Senior Level Planning and Reporting Analyst
SENIOR LEVEL PLANNING & REPORTING ANALYST
Our client, a premier media conglomerate, is looking for a dynamic superstar with a mix of Big 4 and Private Industry experience. You will be working closely with senior executives performing high level analysis of all operating units and having an impact on major financial decisions of the company. This is a tremendous opportunity with a world class company.
Develop timely, relevant analysis for senior management
- Analyze operating results to forecast and budget
- Develop KPI dashboard and other analytical reporting tools
- Develop reports and analysis to improve insight into business results
- Support consolidation and reporting processes
- Work on various projects to improve financial performance
- Leverage financial systems to deliver group objectives
- 7-12 years public/private accounting & finance experience
- CPA & MBA a plus
- Highly proficient in structuring sophisticated financial models and analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in a wide variety of situations
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Hyperion (or a similar financial system)
Business Unit Controller-Treasury Finance
AVP Business Unit Controller
Our client, a top-tier international bank, is looking for a business unit controller with experience in treasury and money market product areas. You will have oversight of daily P&L, IPV results, valuation, and month end responsibities within your product area. This is a tremendous opportunity with a wonderful company.
- Perform Daily P&L and work closely with the Treasury business unit to ensure accurate and transparent financial data is reported in the segmented Treasury result. This also includes review of IPV results and application of proper valuation reserves on specific products.
- Perform month-end P&L reconciliation to ensure all front to back P&L is reconciled with explanation provided to the business for any variance.
- Perform Front to Back office reconciliations and controls to ensure the business is provided with accurate position inventories for P&L, valuation and risk reporting.
- Report and perform detail analysis on FAS 133 Hedge Accounting Results, in coordination with the Global Hedge Accounting Team.
- Provide assistance to Treasury team for more transparency in the internal funding booking and reporting process, liaise with BUC members from C&M and other Segments to assure proper funding allocation is reviewed and booked.
- 5 to 7 years of solid working experience in product control area within a Financial Institution. Preferably in a Corporate Treasury or Money Market business area.
- Sound product knowledge including Debt Issuance, Money Market Loans & Deposits, Interest Rate Derivatives, Futures and Options, Credit Derivatives, Corporate Bonds and Loans (Including Secondary).
- Strong accounting and control background. Preferred to have practical working experience with FAS 133, FVO and, AFS accounting.
- Strong understanding of Corporate Treasury businesses and established experience in relationship building with Front Office traders and other related internal customers.
- Bachelor’s degree required